Matthew 13:47 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net which was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind”
Today I offer you a moment of reflection using Visio Divina. The photograph is of a young boy fishing on a pier with a cat beside him. What insights might you find as you slowly gaze into its depths.
- As you gaze at the above picture what feelings does it bring up for you?
- What elements are you drawn to and why?
- What relationships do you see?
- Engage your imagination and where would you place yourself in the picture.
- Does the image remind you of an experience you’ve had, a person you know or remember, or an issue that is close to your heart?
- Find your quiet Center. Breathe deeply. Relax your shoulders, arms and legs. Rest in the quiet the scene evokes. Let God pray in you. Let your prayer to God be beyond words.
the sun and the sea bless you
the air and the earth bless you
the love of the Holy Spirit surround you
the grace of God be upon you, and
the love of Christ surround you
today and every day.
Ruth Jewell, ©August 19, 2014