Finding Spiritual Identity with heART
Art as a Journey of the Heart!
“God is a circle of which the center is everywhere and the circumference is nowhere...”
Co-Sponsored by The Well and BeguineAgain.com
Tuesday, Feb 11th | 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Queen Anne UMC, 1606 5th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119
Mandala means sacred circle in Sanskrit. Mandalas are visionary tools for meditation in many cultures including Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, and Navajo. Psychologically, circles provide a supportive space for transformation and individuation. They represent healing and wholeness.
Effortlessly manifest your own radiant mandala thru a visionary process combining meditation, movement, ritual, sacred sound & simple drawing techniques. Prior drawing experience is not necessary, only OPEN HEARTedness!
- Open to your innate creative potential; enliven your senses and embody your natural state of delight.
- Release self-limiting patterns and beliefs.
- Access new levels of intuitive guidance. In the intimacy of a small group, you will receive and allow your own unique luminous vision to manifest on black paper with white and colored pencils. All spiritual traditions honored.
- Rest in the Heart and celebrate the presence of our communal resonance.
• Registration is $40 but scholarships are available. Please contact email@example.com
• Materials available for purchase at the event ($3-$15 depending on your choices of black and white vs. full color palette)
• No one will be turned away due to finances.
Julia Weaver, MFT, BFA, CMT While swimming off the Kona coast in 1996, Julia had a mystical experience where she spontaneously received mandala images, which took her artwork into deeper dimensions of healing and spiritual practice. Since 1996, she has offered mandala workshops for adults and children in her studio in the SF Bay area, across the US, UK as well as dolphin swims retreats in Hawaii. Her adult workshops were featured in New Age Journal (Her 30 years of expressive arts, movement and spiritual practice include Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Navajo, Shamanic and Sufi traditions, along with Body practices; Continuum. Sensory Awareness, 5 Rhythms & Soul Motion.
“Julia doesn't hold anything back! Priceless. Highly recommended!” ~Fabiola Bergi , NY
“Indeed, this is a deeply uplifting experience that allows you to touch something truly real within." Annabelle Hartley, London