I’m participating in Disciple Bible Study, a 34 week intensive. Every day, we have different readings (except on the seventh day…resting!). I have decided to document my initial noticings from a close reading of the scripture. Well, an attempt at a close reading.
- Beautiful writings (poetry) on God and God's creation.
- Interesting dichotomy between verse 2 and 3 in chapter 19. Creation speaks in vs. 2 and is not heard in vs. 3. This is very true.
- In Psalm 33:12, I am caught by the idea that "Happy is the nation whose God is the *LORD* (divine name). I am thinking of all the people that think this is America.
- Most of all, in both psalms, I am caught by the phrases that allude to the ancient semitic view of the world as pictured below.
- 33:6 - the hosts of the heavens (to open the windows and doors)
- 33:7 - gathering of the waters of the sea
- 33:13 - the *LORD* looks down from his throne in heaven (by the mountain top)
- 19:4 - a tent for the sun in heaven which runs across the sky