I’m participating in Disciple Bible Study, a 34 week intensive. Every day, we have different readings (except on the seventh day…resting!). I have decided to document my initial noticings from a close reading of the scripture. Well, an attempt at a close reading.
- v. 7: Man is created before the plants in this creation story
- v. 10: The river "flows out of Eden to water the garden." Is the Garden out of Eden?
- v. 18: Woman is a partner, a person who shares in an endeavor. Shares. Isn't subordinate to.
- v. 19: Animals and birds are created. No fishies!
- v. 25: What does "not ashamed" vs. "very good" feel like? Feels not as good to me.