I’m participating in Disciple Bible Study, a 34 week intensive. For five days, we have different readings. I have decided to document my initial noticings from a close reading of the scripture. Well, an attempt at a close reading.
Week 12 Theme: God Restores the People
Readings: Ezekiel 1-5, 37
- 1:20 – spirit!! Just goes to show we didn't invent the spirit.
- 1:28 – G*d is like a rainbow
- 3:2 – Ezekiel eats the scroll. Check with Revelation & John of Patmos.
- 4:4-8 – this interlude is weird. Lieing on your left side or right side.
- 5:7 – Israel is a trouble maker. J
- 37:11 – the bones are Israel
- 37:24 – David shall be the king. Hmmm. What is the upcoming hierarchy? There are no more Davidic rulers? Were the Maccabees "Davidic?" How is this resolved?